To Complete Your JVC Northwest Application
It’s time to apply for a year of service and community with JVC Northwest — but where to even start??? Keep these eight tips in mind while filling out your application.
1. It is strongly encouraged to have your application in before the priority deadline on January 13, 2021. Submitting by the deadline will give you the best chance of getting a preferred placement.
2. Seek out your three references first! Your references are the things you have the least control over, so send each reference their form as soon as possible. Don’t put it off until the last minute. Remember: your application isn’t considered complete until your Employer/Supervisor, Mission/Mentor, and Roommate/Peer references have each submitted their forms.
3. Make sure you hit “Send” on each of your three reference forms so that references receive their forms via email. Once you enter a reference’s name and contact info, click the envelope icon at the bottom of the References page so the email is sent. You can track your references’ progress at the bottom of this page and both you and your reference will receive a confirmation email when their form is complete.
4. Tell us what you are passionate about — in service and in life generally. Use your short answers and your autobiographical essay to tell us your interests.
5. Fully represent yourself as you write about how you relate to our values. How have these values helped shape you into who you are today? At JVC Northwest, our four core values are community, simple living, social and ecological justice, and spirituality/reflection.
6. Include your full Education info on your resume, including your degree(s), your academic major(s) and minor(s), and any relevant coursework. The partner agency you are matched with will be given your resume and they’ll want to see how your studies overlap with the service position.
7. Save your application as you work on it! You will likely work on your application in more than one sitting, so take a moment to save your progress (by clicking the green “Save” button on each page). We also recommend that you keep backup copies of your written work just in case.
8. Our team is here for you! We want to help and answer all of your questions as you go. Hit up Zayna or Chris on our Recruitment Team if you hit a snag or if you just want to learn a little more about JVC Northwest.