How to Apply
Deadline Extended! Apply through May 31, 2023 to be considered for the 2023-24 service year that begins in August.
Got a question along the way? Reach out to our Recruiter.
Chris Suriano (he/him)
JVC Northwest is committed to an equitable and inclusive experience for all volunteers regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, or religious perspective. While rooted in the Jesuit tradition, specific religious views are never imposed on our volunteers or the communities where we serve.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older by August 7.
- Applicants must be willing to share communal housing with fellow volunteers.
- Applicants must be unmarried with no dependents and we ask that this doesn’t change during the service year.
- Applicants must hold a high school degree or equivalency. Some placements require a college degree, relevant work experience, specific certification or skill (i.e. Spanish proficiency, nursing certification, etc.).
Begin your application by creating an account.
A complete application includes:
- Short answer questions
- Three short reference forms: one Mentor, one Employer/Supervisor, and one Roommate/Peer
The first interview we will be by phone with a former Jesuit Volunteer. This is a chance to share your interests and hopes for a service year, discuss your relationships to our four core values, and offer your perspectives about the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in volunteer spaces.
It is also a time of continued discernment for you. We want you to learn more about what it means to serve with JVC Northwest so you can make an informed decision!
If you are offered conditional acceptance into the program, you will be invited to a short Service Interest conversation with a member of our staff. You’ll share your preferred service placements and discuss why those appeal to you.
Then we will offer you a match with a partner agency and position based on your skills and interests and our partner agencies’ needs.
You will then have a second phone interview, this time with the agency where you are matched. We operate under a “mutual yes” policy, meaning both the partner agency and the volunteer have to agree on the placement following the interview.
Once you are placed, we will complete your background checks and begin the onboarding process to prepare you for Orientation, a week-long introduction to JVC Northwest with your fellow JVs beginning August 7, 2023.
The application for the 2023-24 is now open. Begin your application here.
The application deadlines are:
- December 1, 2022 – Early Bird Deadline
- January 10, 2023 – First Priority Deadline
- March 7, 2023 – Second Priority Deadline
- April 18, 2023 – Third Priority Deadline
- May 31, 2023 – Final Deadline Extended through May 31!