Recruitment for the 2022-23 cohort of JV/AmeriCorps members is well under way! While we recruit prospective JVs (PJVs) from various regions of the country, we are also aiming to reach PJVs who are a part of the Pacific Northwest communities in which our partner agencies operate and serve. Can you help us reach future JVs from your community?
The top three ways that partner agencies can help us recruit are:
1. Post and promote the general JV position listing on your website, email, and social media as you would for any other opening at your organization.
2. Share one or more of the additional resources below to your agency’s networks, including email/newsletter copy, social media copy, digital graphics, printable flyer, and ideas for a blog or newspaper article.
Below are some templates, graphics, and examples of ways you can easily communicate what a year of service is like with JVC Northwest. The quickest way for prospective volunteers to find out more information is by visiting jvcnorthwest.org.
Thank you for your collaborative effort to make our 2022-23 JV year the strongest one yet! Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions or ideas.
Email or Newsletter Message Template
Simply copy and paste all or parts of this message into an email or newsletter for your audiences, or download it as a Word document here.
Step into an unforgettable year of service and community! Jesuit Volunteer Corps (JVC) Northwest is seeking applicants to address pressing community needs and create a lasting impact across the Northwest.
In addition to their full-time service, Jesuit Volunteer/AmeriCorps members challenge society’s unjust systems, develop personal and professional skills, and become part of a life-long community of people working for justice, rooted in community, spirituality, and simple living. They also receive a living stipend, communal housing, health insurance, and $6,495 towards education or to pay back student loans.
Service begins in August 2022. Learn more and apply at www.jvcnorthwest.org.
Digital Media Graphics
Pair one of the graphics below with the sample message above to post on social media, send in an email, or share on your blog. Click on the image and then download it to your device.
Sample Blog or Newspaper Article
Depending on the structure of your organization, many people within your network may not even be aware that a Jesuit Volunteer/AmeriCorps member is serving with you. Profiling the ways that your JV is increasing your organization’s capacity and making a positive impact can be a great way to both raise the visibility of your organization and introduce people to the JVC Northwest program.
Take a look at how Nancy Molina, a JV Site Supervisor at The Rosewood Initiative in Gresham, OR, shared the impact that last year’s JV had at the organization. JVC Northwest is always happy to share blog articles or social media that our partner agencies have published. If you want to collaborate in advance, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join JVC Northwest Webpage: The home page of our website will introduce prospective volunteers to the program and how to apply.
- Recruitment Video: This brief video serves as a great introduction to the JVC Northwest program.
- Speak to a Recruiter: Prospective volunteers can call or email a member of our Recruitment Team to learn more.
- Social Media: Follow @jvcnorthwest on Instagram and Facebook, and share our messages.
- FAQs: In-depth answers to a lot of prospective volunteers’ questions.