JVC Northwest has been named one of the 2013 100 Best Green Companies to Work For in Oregon by Oregon Business Magazine! 442 Oregon companies and nonprofits participated in the Best Green Companies survey that determined this ranking. This recognition shows that JVC Northwest has implemented a variety of green policies, JVC Northwest staff intentionally participates in sustainable practices, and the Oregon Business Magazine believes our commitment to these practices is exceptional!
This is the fourth year in a row that JVC Northwest has received this recognition.
- recycling and composting
- turning off lights when there’s available light
- installing low-flow toilets
- using recycled materials for commonly used office supplies
- managing a community garden used by staff members and neighbors
- planting native plants around our office building
- using high efficiency furnaces in cold months; not using air conditioning in warm months
- implementing a staff “Green Team” to assess improvements for our sustainability and ecological impact
JVC Northwest has a commitment to promoting ecological justice and sustainability, and we are honored to be recognized for our efforts!
More information about this survey and recognition can be found here.