Let’s take a look back on 2011…
- Jan 8th, FJVs gather in Seattle to cheer the Seattle University men’s basketball team to victory against Cal State Northridge at Key Arena.
- JVs attend their winter retreat to reflect on the value of social justice.
- March 1, JVC Northwest received a record number of applicants for the 2011-2012 JV year!
- Throughout the spring application process, twenty-seven 2010-2011 JVs commit to a second year of service with JVC Northwest.
- JVC Northwest received a grant for $156,000 over three years to support the launch of the Jesuit Volunteer EnCorps program from 2011-2014.
- May 14, over 175 FJVs and supporters gather in Campion Ballroom at Seattle University to attend the 6th annual Seattle dinner.
- JVC Northwest named in the “100 Best Green Companies to Work for in Oregon” by Oregon Business.
- JVs gather for their final retreat of the year to reflect on all they have learned with Ignatian Spirituality practices.
- Tacoma, Wash. celebrates 40 years of JVs and hosts an event at St. Leo’s Parish!
- July 31, the 2010-2011 JVs conclude their year of service at their placement sites across five states.
- Aug 8, 141 incoming JVs arrive at Camp Adams in Molalla, OR to begin their transformational year of service!
- Aug 17th, JVs begin their first day of service at their placements.
- Sept 14th, FJVs and friends of JVC Northwest gather in Washington D.C. to learn about and support the on-going work of JVs in the Northwest.
- JVC Northwest staff members participate in the Bike Commute Challenge in Portland, OR, competing with other local companies and organizations to see who can log the most miles in the month of September.
- Area Directors embark on their first area visits to see how the JVs are starting off their year.
- Oct 22nd, Fr. Jack Morris, founder of JVC Northwest, celebrates his 84th birthday.
- JVC Northwest named one of “The 100 Best Nonprofits” in Oregon Business.
- Nov 21st, the Seattle FJV Advisory Committee had their first meeting to discuss connecting FJVs and upcoming FJV events in the area!
- Dec 7th, FJVs, Board and Staff Members, and friends of JVC Northwest gather in Portland, OR for the annual Advent Gathering.
- Dec 12-16, JVC Northwest staff members participate in “Challenge Week,” selecting something to give up or incorporate into their day.
2011 Fast Facts:
- Total agencies with JVs in 2011-2012: 105.
- Total number of communities in 2011-2012: 23 communities in 20 locales across five different states.
What an incredible year of service, transformation, and blessings! Thank you to all who have helped make 2011 an amazing year for JVC Northwest!